Friday 18 January 2013

how to unlock an oracle table (or)how to use predefined table given by oracle

In Oracle 10g the test users accounts are locked by default.
Oracle has done this for security reasons. But you can unlock the account by login as sysdba.
SQL> connect sys/oracle as sysdba;
Connected.
SQL> alter user scott account unlock;User altered.Now exit the SQL* plus command prompt and launch it once again with scott/tiger.It will say password expired and you may have to provide new password.Just remember the new password(for ex:system)

To view all tables-
SQL>select * from tab;

To clear the screen 

SQL>cl scr

3 comments:

  1. attractive piece of information, I had come to know about your blog from my friend arjun, ahmedabad,i have read atleast eleven posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your website gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot once again, Regards, Unlock Table Oracle


    ReplyDelete
  2. too good piece of information, I had come to know about your site from my friend sajid, bangalore,i have read atleast 11 posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your web-page gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new post, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot once again, Regards, Unlock Table


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nandakishore! Thanks a lot for your valuable comment Please enjoy my posts to the full.Please follow me and share with your friends if you like my posts.Ask them to give comments which type of code they expected from me.



      Thanks & Regards
      karthik

      Delete